Re: Dumb Newbie Question - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Poul L. Christiansen
Subject Re: Dumb Newbie Question
Date
List pgsql-novice
Here is a snippet of my init script in /etc/rc.d/init.d (I'm running RedHat 6.2)

PGDATA=/var/lib/pgsql/data
su -l postgres -c "/usr/bin/pg_ctl  -D $PGDATA -p /usr/bin/postmaster -o '-B 3072
-i' start >/dev/null 2>&1"

Are you sure you are using: "postmaster -D/usr/lib/pgsql/data -i" ? There is a
missing space between -D and /usr/lib/pgsql/data