Re: AW: Documentation - Running Postgresql on NT - Mailing list pgsql-ports

From Dan Rosner
Subject Re: AW: Documentation - Running Postgresql on NT
Date
List pgsql-ports

> > Fredrick Bartlett wrote:
> > >
> > > Any chance the below would instll and run on win2000?

Sorry for the confusion.  The new answer is Yes, it might install
and run on win2000.  Thanks for the correction Rony ...

> >Probably not.
>
> >I've received information that the Cygipc package required for
> >Postgresql to run on NT doesn't work on Win2000.  You can see the
> >July 2000 Cygwin archive for details.  Basically, it doesn't look
> >like Cygipc is currently being maintained.  Thanks to those
> >of you listening who pointed that out.
> It isn't true. PostgreSQL is running on Windows NT, Windows 2000 even on Windows 9x
> with Cygipc package 1.0.5. There is sometimes problem to compile cygipc package, but this is system independent - you
canjust download and install cygipc binaries (I did it too).

--
Dan Rosner
Cascade Programming Group