Slash on PostgreSQL mailing list - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alessio Bragadini
Subject Slash on PostgreSQL mailing list
Date
List pgsql-general
Slash is the weblog/discussion board engine that drives Slashdot and
other sites. It runs on MySql and you probably know that Slashdot is the
flagship MySql application. :-) The Slash open source project is run at
<http://slashcode.com>, and since I've noticed recurring interest in
porting the software to PostgreSQL, I set up a mailing list for people
willing to concentrate on the details of it.

This list should have, IMHO, two tasks: providing a porting of current
Slash release under PostgreSQL, most probably through a patch, and
setting the pace for the PostgreSQL module of the new Bender (Slash
development tree) architecture. What needs to be done is a careful study
of the database definition and the code, to avoid any incompatibility.
Pretty boring things that I believe most of the users running MySql
don't really want
to know about!

Anyway, who is interested can subscribe by writing 'subscribe' to
slash-pgsql-request@link.it or via a web page at
<http://www.link.it/mailman/admin/slash-pgsql>.

--
Alessio F. Bragadini        alessio@albourne.com
APL Financial Services        http://www.sevenseas.org/~alessio

"It is more complicated than you think"
        -- The Eighth Networking Truth from RFC 1925