Re: nested transactions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From ryan
Subject Re: nested transactions
Date
List pgsql-general
Gilles DAROLD wrote:

> jprem wrote:
>
> > hello ,
> >            postgreqsl 6.5.3 does not support nested transactions.
> > so i don't think it will be suitable for e-com application.isn't it ?
> > does postgreqsl 7.0 support nested transacions ? is postgresql 7.0 a
> > stable version  ?
>
> Hi,
>
> I have around 4000 online shop running with PostgreSQL 6.5.3 , Perl DBI,
> Apache/mod_perl
> They are all running well and with transactions....

Another interesting fact for you...

Weblogic which is basically Tuxedo + CORBA from BEA doesn't support
nested transactions either... Since All the transaction stuff comes from
tuxedo, tuxedo doesnt support nested transactions.  It can suspend a
transaction, start and commit another transaction and resume the
suspended one, but that'd hardly what I'd call 'nested transactions'.

Regards,
-ryan

--
Ryan Rawson