Re: PG84 and SELinux - Mailing list pgsql-general

From James B. Byrne
Subject Re: PG84 and SELinux
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, December 2, 2010 15:32, James B. Byrne wrote:

> On Thu, December 2, 2010 15:23, Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
>> On Wed, 2010-12-01 at 16:54 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> AFAIK, the Red Hat RPMs work out-of-the-box with SELinux;
>>
>> They should -- we are using the same routines for initdb'ing.
>>

> I will do a touch /.autorelabel and restart the server before I try
> again.  If there was just something odd about the SELinux contexts
> on that particular host then that should clear it up.  I will report
> whichever way it goes thereafter.

I restarted the server this morning, waited for the relabel to
finish ( a very long time ), and then upgraded to pg-8.4 without any
problems.  SSL works fine as well.  I can only infer that something
went seriously wrong with the SELinux context labels on that host.

Thank you for the help.

James B. Byrne                mailto:ByrneJB@Harte-Lyne.ca
Canada  L8E 3C3