Re: More schema design advice requested - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Broersma
Subject Re: More schema design advice requested
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 9:29 AM, Matthew Wilson <matt@tplus1.com> wrote:

> Any advice?  I wonder if this is a sign of a bad design, or maybe if
> there's some nicer SQL techniques I could use.

I don't have the book in front of me at the moment, but I remember
this exact problem and a unique solution using a schema redesign
around skill sets that would return results very quickly.  The method
described in the query was referred to as "full disjunction".

http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/bookdescription.librarians/710075/description#description
sell the problem: 17: EMPLOYMENT AGENCY PUZZLE

Sorry that I can't be of more help than this.

--
Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.

http://pugs.postgresql.org/lapug