Re: DRAFT 9.6 release -- new wording - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: DRAFT 9.6 release -- new wording
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 09/15/2016 09:47 AM, Masahiko Sawada wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 2:36 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>> Folks,
>>
>> One last round of checks/suggestions before I put it into Git.  Thanks!
>>
>> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/96releasedraft
>>

>> "With the capabilities of remote JOIN, UPDATE and DELETE, Foreign Data Wrappers are now a complete solution for
sharingdata between other > databases and PostgreSQL. For example, PostgreSQL can be used to handle data input going to
twoor more different kinds of databases,"

> It is just my opinion, after guaranteed the foreign update/delete
> transaction, FDW will be complete solution for sharing data.

Yah, but this is PR.  Also, it's a quote.

Josh Berkus
Red Hat OSAS
(any opinions are my own)