Re: Installing DBD::Pg - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: Installing DBD::Pg
Date
List pgsql-general
Sean Carmody wrote:

> Forgive any blatant ignorance, but maybe someone can help here.
>
> I've installed PostgreSQL 7.0 using the rpm on a Redhat 6.2 setup
> and was hoping to do a quick install of the Perl DBD::Pg module using
> perl -MCPAN -eshell. This failed and I got the message "please set
> the environment variables POSTGRES_INCLUDE and POSTGRES_LIB!". I'm
> not sure what to set these to, or even if this approach will work
> given that I intalled via rpm rather than having the source. Any
> thoughts?

For the RPM distribution, set POSTGRES_INCLUDE to /usr/include/pgsql,
and POSTGRES_LIB to /usr/lib/pgsql -- although, depending upon what
DBD::Pg needs about LIBs, you may want to set POSTGRES_LIB to /usr/lib.
Or you can install the DBD::Pg RPM's -- see www.rpmfind.net to locate.

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio