Re: disk backups - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: disk backups
Date
List pgsql-general
Stephen Lawrence Jr. wrote:

> I think the way most people do that is to have pg_dump or pg_dumpall make a
> dump of the databases into the postgres directory each nite. That way, when
> you do a full disk backup, the database dumps would be backed up as well.

Is there a better way? Here pg_dumping the DB takes over half an hour
(mainly because pg_dump chews all available memory). It would be nicer
if we knew that tarring it up would work also...

--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@cupid.suninternet.com>
http://cupid.suninternet.com/~kleptog/