Re: Conversion from MS Access to Postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew McMillan
Subject Re: Conversion from MS Access to Postgresql
Date
List pgsql-general
"G.L.Lim" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am curently using MS Access and would like to convert my existing Access
> database to Postgresql database (maybe into Postgresql dump file first if
> neccessary). Is there any utility or program that can do that? Please
> advise.

I have a perl program which will load the .csv files you can dump from
Access.  That will only move the data, of course.  I generally find it
better to write a script to build the database by hand, but I think you
can export a script from Access that will work without too much editing.

Reply if you want my perl program.

Cheers,
                    Andrew.
            Andrew McMillan, e-mail: Andrew@cat-it.co.nz
Catalyst IT Ltd, PO Box 10-225, Level 22, 105 The Terrace, Wellington
Me: +64 (21) 635 694, Fax: +64 (4) 499 5596, Office: +64 (4) 499 2267