Re: Non-locale 7.1beta4 binaries on RedHat 6.2 test results. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Non-locale 7.1beta4 binaries on RedHat 6.2 test results.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org> writes:
> The locale enabled regression results fail due to
> currency format and collation errors.  Diffs attached.  I'm not sure I
> understand the select_views failure, either.  Locale used was en_US.

The select_views delta looks like a sort-order issue as well; nothing
to worry about.

These deltas would go away if you allowed pg_regress to build a temp
installation in which it could force the locale to C.  Of course,
that doesn't presently work without a built source tree to install
from.  I wonder if it is worth adding a third operating mode to
pg_regress that would build a temp PGDATA directory but use the
already-installed bin/lib/share directories ...