Re: Performance of PostgreSQL vs. Other DBs - Mailing list pgsql-general

From J.R. Belding
Subject Re: Performance of PostgreSQL vs. Other DBs
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello:

You may wish to take a look at this link:

http://www.postgresql.org/mhonarc/pgsql-general/1999-11/msg00227.html

J.R. Belding
jrbelding@yahoo.com

Mirko Geffken wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am currently trying to sell the usefulness of PostgreSQL to my company (A consulting firm). I need a couple
convincingarguments. One thing that I was unable to find good comparisons of is performance of PostgreSQL vs. Others
(Oracle,SQL Server, Sybase). Does anyone have any benchmarks that I could use to demonstrate performance of PostgreSQL
againstthese other databases.