Re: Performance of PostgreSQL vs. Other DBs - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ron Peterson
Subject Re: Performance of PostgreSQL vs. Other DBs
Date
List pgsql-general
Mirko Geffken wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am currently trying to sell the usefulness of PostgreSQL to my company (A consulting firm). I need a couple
convincingarguments. One thing that I was unable to find good comparisons of is performance of PostgreSQL vs. Others
(Oracle,SQL Server, Sybase). Does anyone have any benchmarks that I could use to demonstrate performance of PostgreSQL
againstthese other databases.

I saw a post on this list recently from Ned Lilly of Great Bridge saying
that they would be publishing some benchmark comparisons soon.  That's
really all I know.  Stay tuned.

> Hi Gunnar,
>
> Great Bridge has been running PostgreSQL against several of the leading
> commercial contenders in some professional benchmarks (TPC-C, TPC-D, AS3AP),
> and will be releasing the findings in June.  I think people here will be very
> happy with the results... :)
>
> Regards,
>
> Ned Lilly
> VP, Hacker Relations
> Great Bridge, LLC

I assume that an announcement of these benchmarks will be made on this
list...?

Ron Peterson
rpeterson@yellowbank.com