7.0.2 cuts off attribute name - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From G. Anthony Reina
Subject 7.0.2 cuts off attribute name
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I just upgraded to 7.0.2. Everything looks fine, except for one
(annoying) change.

I have an attribute in a table named
"significance_of_anova_for_spike_rates". (I know, I know. I get laughed
at all the time for using prepositions in my variable names). In 6.5.1
and before, Postgres took the whole name as the identifier. With 7.0.2
it seems to truncate to "significance_of_anova_for_spike" (31
characters).

Is there any reason that this has changed? Anyway to get a larger length
(say 40 or 50 characters)?

Thanks.
-Tony Reina