Re: to pass a parameter - Mailing list pgsql-general

From NRonayette
Subject Re: to pass a parameter
Date
List pgsql-general
Michael Ansley wrote:

> I'm under the impression that this substitution is performed by
> SQLPlus (somebody please correct me otherwise).

it's true ! It's only available for SQLPlus.

I'm a beginner with postgres, but i saw in the User's documentation that
we can create a SQL function to pass parameter

(i copy/paste)
Parameters

A parameter is used to indicate a parameter in a SQL function. Typically
this is used in SQL function definition statement. The
form of a parameter is:

$number

For example, consider the definition of a function, dept, as

CREATE FUNCTION dept (name)
        RETURNS dept
        AS 'select * from
            dept where name=$1'