Re: OO Patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Chris
Subject Re: OO Patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> Chris, one quick question ... the last email I read from you stated a
> bunch of things that you wanted to accomplish, but your patch only
> addressed the first one.  Can we focus on that and ignore the others?
> Do it through step'ng stones?  Or does each step only make sense in
> view of the whole picture?

Each of the 3 is independant and useful in and of itself, although all 3
are needed to achieve the goal - an ODMG interface.

We can discuss one by one. It might be useful to start off with a
meta-discussion. Does everyone understand the significance of ODMG, the
the benefits of supporting it?