Re: MSSQL7 & PostgreSQL 7.0 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joe Shevland
Subject Re: MSSQL7 & PostgreSQL 7.0
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Peter Mount wrote:

> I don't think it's a shameless plug at all.
>
> However, I think it's sometimes useful to know alternative methods of
> doing things, especially when you have to work for people who think
> Microsoft are the best thing since sliced bread ;-)
>
> Peter
>
> --
> Peter Mount
> Enterprise Support
> Maidstone Borough Council
> Any views stated are my own, and not those of Maidstone Borough Council.

Firstly I have to say its a great bit of work (pgAdmin), however it'd be
nice to see an open source tool mirroring the functionality of the DTS. I
especially liked the way you could script the mappings between fields, as
well as the GUI builder for complex transforms (in fact I absolutely loved
that (when it worked :), I had too long on the beta). As well as being able
to use pre- and post- conditional actions upon success/failure of certain
parts, like emailing, calling other programs etc.

Regards,
Joe

--
Joe Shevland