Re: USE_SYSLOG ... useless? :) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: USE_SYSLOG ... useless? :)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> But nowhere to actually define it (not even listed in config.h.in) ...
> pg_options shows a 'syslog=2' capability, but, without SysLOG enabled, its
> sort of useless ...
> what I want to get is a PID/Timestamp in the log files ... suggestions?

Define USE_SYSLOG and ELOG_TIMESTAMPS in config.h.in (or config.h,
depending upon your preference to patching prior to or after running
configure). This is the default compile for the RPM's, incidentally.

I'm surprized no one else answered -- I figured you'd have your answer
by now.

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio