Re: email obscuring - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: email obscuring
Date
List pgsql-www
> On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 12:02 PM, Alvaro Herrera
> <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>> Something I have learned about spammers lately is that it is enough for
>> you to subscribe to a list and they will start sending stuff to you.
>> You don't need to post anything. �I'm not sure that email obscuring in
>> archives of any use anymore.

> It can't hurt, though.  By what mechanism would they obtain the
> subscribers to an email list?

Ask the list bot for the list of subscribers :-(

I think most lists are not configured to hand that out to just anyone,
but the majority will let a subscriber see it.  So, subscribe from
any legitimate address, suck out the list, unsubscribe.  A bit manual
but not exactly hard.
        regards, tom lane