Re:Re: BUG #18369: logical decoding core on AssertTXNLsnOrder() - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From ocean_li_996
Subject Re:Re: BUG #18369: logical decoding core on AssertTXNLsnOrder()
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi Alexander,

At 2024-02-28 17:00:00, "Alexander Lakhin" <exclusion@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please see the similar issue discussed last year:
Well, I have to say that the whole thread is a bit long. AFAIC, the two issues exhibited the same symptoms, but they occured in different scenarios. The patch I provided may not solve the problem you're referring to.

> With your patch applied (on REL_14_STABLE) I still get:
> TRAP: FailedAssertion("builder->next_phase_at == InvalidTransactionId", File: "snapbuild.c", Line: 1623, PID: 92772)
>
> when running make -s installcheck-force -C contrib/test_decoding...
> as specified in that message.
> (You might need to disable REGRESS tests in the Makefile to reach
> isolation tests.)
I'm not sure if I fully get your mind. I disabled the REGRESS tests in the test_decoding/Makefile and then manually run the command "make -s installcheck-force -C contrib/test_decoding" a few times. I didn't encounter the issue you mentioned. Is this problem consistently reproducible in your environment? BTW, the  issue mentioned in [1] is more similar to your problem. And the patch was not applied to v14.  Maybe it is another issue.

Thanks
Haiyang Li