Re: BUG #16931: source code problem about commit_ts - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: BUG #16931: source code problem about commit_ts
Date
Re: BUG #16931: source code problem about commit_ts  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>)
List pgsql-bugs

On 2021/03/24 18:05, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Yeah, it seems like a bug.  With your patch, the write_xlog=true path
> becomes unused, and thus the whole COMMIT_TS_SETTS record, so we could
> remove those things in branch master.  The timestamp is acquired from
> the COMMIT record.

I agree to remove COMMIT_TS_SETTS record from the master branch
if there are no users or extensions of it. Patch attached.

Anyway, at first, what about applying the bugfix patch I posted upthread
to all supported branches?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao