Re: 7.0 release notes should call out incompatible changesmore clearly - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: 7.0 release notes should call out incompatible changesmore clearly
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> These are all pretty obscure.  How do I make them prominent without
> really scaring people who don't even know what they are?

These are not obscure if you are using the feature, and we should have
a section (just after the description of new features) which discuss
porting/upgrade issues. I was planning on putting it in; it will need
to contain info on "datetime/timespan" vs "timestamp/interval" also
(probably the least "obscure" upgrade issue in the new release).
                     - Thomas

South Pasadena, California