Re: [GENERAL] DHCP and pg_hba.conf - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ron Atkins
Subject Re: [GENERAL] DHCP and pg_hba.conf
Date
List pgsql-general
Ron Chmara wrote:

> running security off of names would be much slower, as each session had
> to waste time on name lookups rather than just mapping to the address.

I'm starting to understand the issues involved. Thank you for explaining that.
Your other reply and that of Alfred Perlstein become quite reasonable under those
circumstances. I will explain in the HowTo the options as they were explained by
you to me. Thank you.

A disclaimer. I previously stated:

RMI (Remote Method Invocation) refuses localhost as a parameter, it requires the
hostname or the IP address.

Researching "localhost" settings, I now know this is incorrect. On the odd chance
this configuration is required by anyone reading this, mail me and I will forward
the process.

Thank you again. As times goes by, I hope to add more then I take.

-Ron