Re: [PORTS] WindowsNT, Java - Mailing list pgsql-ports

From Palle Girgensohn
Subject Re: [PORTS] WindowsNT, Java
Date
List pgsql-ports
> Erwin Selg wrote:
>
> right now I'm evaluating the PostgreSQL and it seems to be
> the big bang for us.

Sounds great.

[...]

> Also I read it was a Java database, so my question: Is it
> a Java database or is it done
> in C++?

PostgreSQL has support for Javs's JDBC API. PostgreSQL itself is entirely written i C (not C++), but that will hardly
matterfor you. We use it mainly with applications written entirely in Java.

> Are there any restrictions of the features or performance
> on any platform?

I almost complies to SQL-92. The major feature that does not exist in the 6.5.x branch is outer joins. My guess is it
willbe in version 7.

Cheers
Palle