PostgreSQL 6.2 won't compile - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Marc McLean
Subject PostgreSQL 6.2 won't compile
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi there,

I am hoping that you can assist me in the compilation of PostgreSQL
6.2..  I am trying to install this on my Cyrix 486 box running Slakware
Linux (Kernel 2.2.14).

It seems to compile fine for the first little bit until I get the
following error message ...

gcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11
make[2]:  *** [nodeNestloop.o] Error 1 ***
make[2]:  Leaving directory '/usr/src/pgsql/src/backend/executor'
make[1]: *** [executor.dir] Error 2
make[1]:  Leaving directory '/usr/src/pgsql/src/backend'
make: *** [all] Error 2

The odd this is that is it never seems to fail on the same file twice
... it is always different.

Thanks in advance,
Marc