Re: [HACKERS] Well, then you keep your darn columns - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Adriaan Joubert
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Well, then you keep your darn columns
Date
Re: [HACKERS] Well, then you keep your darn columns
List pgsql-hackers
As a user let me just say that I have been waiting for all the
'ALTER TABLE..' commands for a long time (changing constraints would be great
too!) and it has been mentioned many times that one should not use oids in
application code. The way I do it at the moment is to copy the table, so I
think all users are used to losing their oids when remocing a column from a
table. So while it is certainly better to keep the oids, Peter's code is a
big improvement on the current situation.

While I do understand and subscribe to the concerns about database
reliability, I would very much not like to keep my darn columns and thank
Peter for helping me get rid of them.

Adriaan