Re: [HACKERS] [Fwd: Re: First Major Open Source Database] - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: [HACKERS] [Fwd: Re: First Major Open Source Database]
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> It did not use any Ingres code, as told to me by Jolly, I think.  My
> book has Ingres mentioned as an "ancestor" of Postgres.

I suppose we could have figured this out ourselves, since Postgres was
originally written in Lisp, and afaik Ingres was always C or somesuch
traditional compiled-only code. We still see evidence of this in our
code tree with the way lists and parser nodes are handled.
                 - Thomas

South Pasadena, California