Re: [GENERAL] Announce: PostgreSQL-6.5.3 binaries available forWindowsNT - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kevin Lo
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Announce: PostgreSQL-6.5.3 binaries available forWindowsNT
Date
List pgsql-general
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > Kevin,
> >
> > We are interested in funding work to get postgresql working on Windows
> > 9x.
> >
> > I know that cgywin is available for Win9x but that parts of the api are
> > not available.
> >
> > Do you believe it will be possible to build and run postgresql on Win9x?
> > How much work would be involved?
>
> I wonder if it would be easier to pay Cygnus to port the missing pieces.
>  Can you give us a detailed list of the missing features the PostgreSQL
> needs the Cgywin doesn't have on Win9x?

I'm gonna implement Tcl/Tk API with PostgreSQL, let users can write
GUI apps. But it seems to take a lot of time...
Some people told me they can use NT binaries on Win98.
Well, I don't test it yet.

> --
>   Bruce Momjian                        |  http://www.op.net/~candle
>   maillist@candle.pha.pa.us            |  (610) 853-3000