Re: [HACKERS] Inprise/Borland releasing Interbase as Opensource - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jose Soares
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Inprise/Borland releasing Interbase as Opensource
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Don Baccus wrote:

> At 10:39 PM 1/3/00 -0400, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> >On Mon, 3 Jan 2000, Stephen Birch wrote:
>
> (HH):
> >Two points...when will Interbase go open source?  Right now they've
> >announced the intention to do so, and even given a very brood time
> >frame...but, when is it going to happen.  two...what says Interbase will
> >continue to be "as good" when becomes open source and they are no longer
> >making any money on it?
>
> They say they'll continue to sell it via their traditional channels
> and sell support, too.

They say:
"The source code for InterBase 6 is scheduled to be published during the first
part of the year 2000.
The company also announced it plans to continue to sell and support InterBase
5.6 through normal distribution channels..."

If I understand seems they refer to previous version i.e. InterBase ver. 5.6
but version 6 will be open source,  maybe...