Re: [GENERAL] Re: Is PostgreSQL ready for mission criticalapplications? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ed Loehr
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Re: Is PostgreSQL ready for mission criticalapplications?
Date
List pgsql-general
Barnes wrote:

> It would be helpful to me to hear about successful and stable
> implementations as well.  If some of you who are using PostgreSQL
> successfully could comment on your experiences, I think it would shed some
> worthwhile light on it's capabilities.  I'm considering using it for a
> mission critical project, and I would like to know what I am getting into.

BTW, I also still think pgsql the best thing going for open source RDBMS if you
need transactions and can't spend $20K-$25K for Oracle.  And I have found the
folks on the mailing lists to be critically helpful to working through some
non-trivial issues (as well as a bonehead mistake or two).  I also think the
system is rapidly becoming more stable/mature, though I don't think you can
count on problem-free operation (as of 6.5.2/3) just yet.  But I'm still
betting on pgsql...

Cheers,
Ed Loehr