Re: [GENERAL] Index pg_proc_prosrc_index: NUMBER OF INDEX' TUPLES (1071)ISNOT THE SAME AS HEAP' (1070) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ed Loehr
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Index pg_proc_prosrc_index: NUMBER OF INDEX' TUPLES (1071)ISNOT THE SAME AS HEAP' (1070)
Date
List pgsql-general
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > >  I think it is harmless.  To fix it properly requires a
> > > very sophisticated write-ahead log that is scheduled for 7.1 in about
> > > six months.
> >
> > This problem stops my psql dead in its tracks for related queries even across new
> > sessions.  Requires a rebuild of indices before any queries work with the related
> > tables/functions, and since I don't know which one to rebuild (die, horsey, die), I
> > might as well rebuild them all.  In production mode, that means stopping user access due
> > to the possibility of violating unique constraints enforced by unique indices.  That
> > means downtime, which would makes moi persona non grata.  But maybe my assumptions are
> > incorrect or I didn't understand what you mean by harmless?
>
> Maybe other people can chime in here.  Why are you getting the inital
> crashes?

I don't know.  My only suspect right now is that it may be the residual effects of having
parameter mismatches in 'RAISE' statements in PL/pgSQL.  In any event, I'll try to collect
some data for troubleshooting...

Cheers,
Ed Loehr