[GENERAL] How to get timestamped pgsql logging? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ed Loehr
Subject [GENERAL] How to get timestamped pgsql logging?
Date
List pgsql-general
After following some hints from Bruce Momjian and the pgsql documentation,
I'm still missing something on how to get timestamped backend logging from
pgsql...any help is appreciated...

After running ./configure, I modifed  ...src/include/config.h to uncomment
the two lines...

#define ELOG_TIMESTAMPS
#define USE_SYSLOG

Then I ran make, etc, created the file $PGDATA/pg_options...

% cat $PGDATA/pg_options
verbose=2
query
syslog=2

And restarted the server...and still no timestamps.

I verified most everything syslog-wise (configured in /etc/syslog.conf) is
being sent to /var/log/messages...

Anyone notice what am I missing?

Cheers,
Ed Loehr