Re: [HACKERS] ordering RH6.1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ed Loehr
Subject Re: [HACKERS] ordering RH6.1
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> Failures: float8, geometry, select implicit, select having, and select
> views.  The regress.out and regression.diffs are attached. Float8 and
> geometry are normal.

More problem data...

We installed RH 6.1 fresh, then installed pgsql 6.5.2 from tar.gz.  Failures on the following regression tests:
float8,geometry, opr_sanity, sanity_check, random, and misc.

On a hunch from this thread, I then removed all postgresql-related RPM packages (with 'rpm -e'), rebuilt pgsql 6.5.2,
andall regression tests passed (except float8 and geometry, which is normal).

I've also noticed some new (and possibly related?) RH 6.1 wierdness with a fairly mature perl module, Date::Manip-5.35,
thatwasn't showing up on RH 6.0.  It is now failing the first time it attempts to ascertain the timezone, and then
appearsto succeed everytime thereafter for a given process (and TZ is clearly set in the configuration for the module
aswell as showing up with the

'date' command).  The RPM removal above had no effect on that problem.

Cheers,
Ed Loehr