SCO Openserver & pg_hba.conf - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Charles Alexander Randle
Subject SCO Openserver & pg_hba.conf
Date
List pgsql-general
Mark,

I saw your posting regarding the problem and if you've already obtained
a solution for this problem you can ignore this message .

There is a problem with Unix domain sockets and  the pg_hba.conf file on
SCO openserver unix . The only way I've been able to access the data on
SCO is via internat domain sockets.
1)To enable access this way , you have to restart the 'postmaster'
process with the '-i' option to enable this
    access method .
2) Any application which needs access to the database  would need to
connect via that same method : Hence  if
     you are connecting with 'psql' on your machine , you would do
something like 'psql -h localhost -d
     <dbname>' (I think that the -d flag is optional , you just need to
specify the database name .)
3) This applies to any application needing a connection (createdb , etc.
etc.)

Good Luck ,
Charles.