Re: [GENERAL] server hardware recommendations (the archives are dead) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Maarten Boekhold
Subject Re: [GENERAL] server hardware recommendations (the archives are dead)
Date
List pgsql-general
> Since the db is not multithreaded, I assume that buying a dual processor
> board and two processors would not be helpful to performance. Like any

If your disk subsystem can take the load, it does make sense. For every
connection to PostgreSQL, a seperate backend is started, which is really a
seperate process which so can run on a different processor.

Maarten

--

Maarten Boekhold, maarten.boekhold@tibcofinance.com
TIBCO Finance Technology Inc.