Re: With what options RPM was compiled? ( Was: Czech Win1250 sorting q) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: With what options RPM was compiled? ( Was: Czech Win1250 sorting q)
Date
List pgsql-general
Robert wrote:

> Thanks for everybody's help, I got it working now. An observation:
> The steps Lamar described really created a binary RPM, however
> the pg_encoding utility isn't included (it was built though).

Can be added to the %files list easily enough.  Will be included in next
release.

> Similarly
> 'createdb -E LATIN2 xx' from README.mb doesn't work, while
> create database with encoding = 'latin2' works OK.

Hmmm... Reading the createdb script shows that the pg_encoding utility
is used by createdb.... Hopefully will be fixed next release.

> PS If anybody's is in urgent need, I can put those rpms online before
> Lamar builts the new version with multibyte support enabled - just let
> me know you're interested.

I can rebuild overnight tonight, if need be.  I have a few other items
on the rebuild plate anyway.  Prep for the release of 6.5.3-3.....coming
soon to an ftp server near you.

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio