Re: Memory bug - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andy Marsh
Subject Re: Memory bug
Date
List pgsql-general
Bob,

We have a SQL 7.0 database that frequently runs out of memory and crash's, the
system has a GIG of RAM and is set up with the default memory settings.

I'm seeing an increase in the amount of memory used by the process called
SQLSERVR.EXE and to date I haven't seen it release any, just playing around with
the Enterprise Manager increases the amount of memory in use by the process and
in the past hour it hasn't dropped.

We are adding a lot of data to the system currently through a front end app that
uses named pipes, have you run into this problem at all?