From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re: BOUNCE pgsql-ports@postgreSQL.org: Non-member submission from[Joe Brenner ] (fwd)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On a RedHat 6.1 box, I've been having trouble getting the
> perl DBD-Pg package working, wo I decided to try installing
> all of the latest 6.5.3 RPMs you have up on your ftp site.
> Afterwards, I still get the same problem though:
>   rpm -Uhv perl-DBD-Pg-0.91-1.i386.rpm
>   error: failed dependencies:
>         libpq.so.1 is needed by perl-DBD-Pg-0.91-1
> I gather that libpq.so.1 was once supplied with the
> "postgresql-lib" RPM, which has now been split up.
> Did someone forget a piece, or is it just that the DBD-Pg
> rpm now badly in need of an update?

Apparently, perl-DBD-Pg is in need of an update. Didn't the HR6.1 box
come with v6.5.x of Postgres and with DBD-Pg? (I've forgotten...) If
so, DBD-Pg should have been built by RH to be consistant with the
distro so I'm not sure why you are seeing a problem. If it shipped
with some earlier release, then they might be in conflict and we/Lamar
might consider releasing a new version of the perl-DBD-Pg package.

Lamar?
                    - Thomas

South Pasadena, California