Re: AW: [HACKERS] Getting OID in psql of recent insert - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: AW: [HACKERS] Getting OID in psql of recent insert
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I'd not object if we removed these operators and instead provided
> functions with the standard names log() and exp() for all the
> non-integral numeric types.  Comments?

I have no great fondness for ";" and ":" as operators, but would like
to see some operators assigned to these functions. Certainly the carat
"^" could work for exp() (or maybe "**" to make those old Fortran
programmers feel better about themselves ;), and perhaps "!^" for
log()? Any other ideas for appropriate symbols for these operators??
                 - Thomas

South Pasadena, California