ODBC/Openlink/Delphi - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From maxsbox
Subject ODBC/Openlink/Delphi
Date
List pgsql-sql
I have been trying to connect, first Delphi2 and then C++Builder3, to
postgresql via Openlink ODBC.  The client for Win95 was downloaded from
openlinksw.com and the server end came packaged with SuSE 6.2 along with
postgresql 6.4

Results are identical for both.  The data base is logged on, the
file structure is returned and the table DBGrid is set up.  The data is
not brought across however and the following message box is brought up

Error
Project Project1.exe raised exception class EDBEngineError with message
'General SQL error. [Openlink][ODBC][Driver]Driver does not support this

function'. Process stopped. Use Step or Run to continue.

The same occurs when using an SQL icon and attaching a simple select
request to it.

Openlink seem to be a pretty solid distribution and have been very
helpfull to date - They are still looking at the problem, but I gain the
impression that Postgresql is a little out of the main stream for them.

The postgres works very well and I have no problems accessing it using
telnet either with psql or pygres from win95.

If someone out there is using such a set up and can offer some advice, I
will be delighted to hear from them.  It is so close to working that it
can only be some small problem stopping the return of the required data.

Incidentaly neither the Delphi or C++Builder is the Client/Server
version.  I understand, however that even the Professional version
should allow connectivity.  It does not allow browsing, which is not
necessary if you know what files are there and type them in.

regards

Max Wood