Re: Thread-unsafe coding in ecpg - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Thread-unsafe coding in ecpg
Date
Re: Thread-unsafe coding in ecpg  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 1/21/19 10:00 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> On 1/21/19 3:25 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> Apparently this can be done with thee 64bit version:
>>> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/33647271/how-to-use-configthreadlocale-in-mingw
>> Hmm, the followup question makes it sound like it still didn't work :-(.
>>
>> However, since the mingw build is autoconf-based, seems like we can
>> install a configure check instead of guessing.  Will make it so.
>>
>> Task for somebody else: run a MinGW64 buildfarm member.
>>

> I could set that up in just about two shakes of a lamb's tail - I have a
> script to do so all tested on vagrant/aws within the last few months.
>

> What I don't have is resources. My Windows resources are pretty much
> tapped out. I would need either some modest hardware or a Windows VM
> somewhere in the cloud - could be anywhere but I'm most at home on AWS.

Incidentally, jacana *is* running mingw64, but possibly not a young
enough version. I just ran a test on an up to date version and it found
the config setting happily, and passed the make stage.

I can look at upgrading jacana to a more modern compiler. The version
it's running is 4.9.1, apparently built around Oct 2014, so it's not
that old.

cheers

andrew