Re: Performance glitch in GetCurrentAbsoluteTime() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: Performance glitch in GetCurrentAbsoluteTime()
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > (back online after a week of downtime)
> I was wondering why you were so quiet.  Hardware trouble?

In a sense. The server-side modem/ppp setup I use was dead, and I was
so busy on other stuff I didn't bug anyone to fix it...

> Right, that was pretty much what I was thinking too.  As long as
> CTimeZone &etc are evaluated using the time value saved at the
> start of the transaction, the behavior will be the same.

Should I put it on my ToDo? Not sure how to test that it helps with
execution time, but I should be able to get to it before 7.0...
                   - Thomas

South Pasadena, California