Re: Need refresh on main page... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: Need refresh on main page...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Thomas Lockhart wrote:
> RPMs for v6.5.2 are available, built by Lamar, and we need to get
> these posted at postgresql.org (they are shipping with the latest RH
> release already). Lamar, I dropped the ball on this; where would I
> pick up the RPMs?

There are now many sites -- the best connected of which is rufus.w3.org.

If you use wget, try
wget ftp://rufus.w3.org/linux/redhat/redhat-6.1/SRPMS/SRPMS/postgr*
to get the source rpm.

Binaries for RedHat 6.1 are in
ftp://rufus.w3.org/linux/redhat/redhat-6.1/i386/RedHat/RPMS/postg*

Binaries for RedHat 6.0 and RedHat 5.2 are only available on my site so
far:
wget -r http://www.ramifordistat.net/postgres/RPMS

All binaries mentioned are Intel.  RedHat 6.1, of course, also shipped
for sparc and Alpha -- rufus is a good mirror.

I would like to hear from someone who will try the RedHat 6.1 RPMS on a
RedHat 6._0_ system -- if they work fine, I'll remove the 6.0 rpms, and
replace with the 6.1 RPM's.  I had already updated my systems, quite
foolishly, to 6.1, when I realized that RPMS built on 6.1 _might_ not
run on 6.0.  I should have run the 6.1 RPMset on 6.0 first, but I
didn't.  6.1 is too nice to downgrade from, IMO.

If, OTOH, they don't work fine, well, I'll cross that bridge when I come
to it.  That bridge will involve me blowing RedHat 6.0 back into one
partition on my dev box, just like 5.2 has its own partition.

If any developers who want to try the RPM's, but do not have RedHat and
don't want to pay $30 for a set of CD's, check out www.cheapbytes.com --
cheapest place on the Internet for Linux and *BSD CD's.  $1.99 US will
get you a RedHat 6.1 CD (plus shipping). Of course, you can download the
ISO images and burn your own CD....

BTW: Only one bug in the 6.5.2-1 RPMS has been reported to Bugzilla
(developer.redhat.com/bugzilla) -- and that was the lack of
postgresql-clients (needless to say, the bug was quickly resolved ;-)).

Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio
1 Peter 4:11