Re: [HACKERS] Tr: Functions documentations - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Tr: Functions documentations
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> >I am looking for a complete list of functions we have under PostgreSQL.
> >Where can I found this documentation ?
> >If there is no documentation, I would be please to write one with samples.
> >In this case, send me your
> >experience with source for each functions you have try at my direct e-mail.
> >And I will update this documentation weekly.

There is a chapter on "Functions" in the Postgres SGML-based
documentation. It is probably not complete, but does cover most of the
major classes of functions. If you would like to update or modify
that, it would then be available in the main docs set.
 doc/src/sgml/func.sgml

> >PS: For my personnal use, I have already make a small CookBook of
> >PostgreSQL (100 pages) with lots of samples I have found reading
> >the mailing-list and my own experience.

If you would like to contribute this, I'm sure it could be of help to
others. Our Tutorial and "HowTo" docs are the least actively
maintained and could use an infusion of information. Perhaps your docs
could be a Tutorial or User's Guide?
                    - Thomas

South Pasadena, California