Re: migrate off oracle data to postgres - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Virendra Kumar
Subject Re: migrate off oracle data to postgres
Date
List pgsql-admin
FDW for oracle and ora2pg both are too slow compared to offload data in a file and load into PostgreSQL. When I was doing one of my migrations I found the best solution was to download data using sqlldr on to the database host where PostgreSQL instance is running and load it using COPY command.

Regards,
Virendra Kumar

On Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 8:55:17 AM PDT, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:

On 3/31/20 8:51 AM, Pepe TD Vo wrote:

> I have tables ddl data definitions already.  Only need to move the data
> over off Oracle to Postgres

PostgreSQL Foreign Data Wrapper for Oracle:

http://laurenz.github.io/oracle_fdw/

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com