Re: new target for contrib/Makefile - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: new target for contrib/Makefile
Date
List pgsql-patches
> I've seen the following idea somewhere:

Looks like you used a variant of this in src/backend/Makefile.

> Then again, the original proposal doesn't sound so bad either.

Well, I'd like a more generic fix that we could apply everywhere,
because right now the Makefiles are not good about honoring -k,
and that irritates me at least a couple times a week ;-).  As an
example, if you get a compile error in building the backend,
src/Makefile aborts after "$(MAKE) -C backend" returns, instead of
proceeding to build interfaces, bin, etc.

            regards, tom lane