Re: BUG #17874: Incorrect memory access at gistBuildCallback - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #17874: Incorrect memory access at gistBuildCallback
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> writes:
>> On 29 Mar 2023, at 12:00, Alexander Lakhin <exclusion@gmail.com> wrote:
>> That issue was reported already as bug #16329:
>> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/16329-7a6aa9b6fa1118a1%40postgresql.org
>> Maybe it's worth to register the fix proposed there for the next commitfest...

> Summarizing that thread and registering the proposed patch for the next
> commitfest seems like the right thing to do.

Yeah.  We did fix the lack of test coverage that much of that thread
was about, but it seems like we forgot the original bug (which I
guess indicates that the coverage is still inadequate, since the
valgrind buildfarm animals haven't noticed it...)

            regards, tom lane