Re: 8.5 vs. 9.0, Postgres vs. PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Brendan Jurd
Subject Re: 8.5 vs. 9.0, Postgres vs. PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
2010/1/23 Mark Mielke <mark@mark.mielke.cc>:
> Calling it
> "PostgreSQL", makes it very clear to the uninformed masses where the product
> fits in a product map. Tell an executive of a company "Postgres", and they
> would ask "what is it?" Tell them "PostgreSQL", and they'll say "is that
> like Oracle?" The second is hugely more valuable.

Holy query language, Batman!

Do you mean to tell me that the "uninformed masses" you interact with
have an understanding of what "SQL" means?

I am skeptical of this claim, but if true, you must have access to the
most spectacularly informed "uninformed masses" on the planet.

Cheers,
BJ