Re: WIP: generalized index constraints - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Brendan Jurd
Subject Re: WIP: generalized index constraints
Date
List pgsql-hackers
2009/9/16 Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>:
> Instead of calling these generalized index constraints, I wonder if we
> oughtn't to be calling them something like "don't-overlap constraints"
> (that's a bad name, but something along those lines).  They're not
> really general at all, except compared to uniqueness constraints (and
> they aren't called generalized unique-index constraints, just
> generalized index constraints).

Well "generalized index constraints" is what we're calling the patch,
but I don't think they are called by that name anywhere in the
proposed documentation changes.  In the extension to ALTER TABLE
syntax, they are simply referred to as "index_constraint".

Cheers,
BJ