Re: Code snippet hosting? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Brendan Jurd
Subject Re: Code snippet hosting?
Date
Re: Code snippet hosting?  (Greg Smith <gsmith@gregsmith.com>)
List pgsql-www
On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 2:31 AM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:

> +1
>
> Just make sure there are appropriate category tags.

Indeed.  If we use categories properly, that gives us (for free) an
alphabetical index of all available snippets.

> Maybe we should use a separate namespace for this?  Snippet: or
> something like that ... not sure if this is a good idea.

I'm lukewarm about creating a namespace for it.  I reckon we could
just allow people to create pages for their snippets and if at some
future time we start getting into page name collisions, we cross that
bridge.  Another option, if the snippets start cluttering up the Main
namespace, is to make them subpages.

So, anybody got a useful code snippet they would like to volunteer as
a first test subject? =)  Failing that, we could write up the
Mandelbrot recursive query demo.

Cheers,
BJ